journey of joy

6.22.2012

Daranak Falls n Super Heros

This is probably the worst time to post...Jon is gone in London for a conference for guidance counseling and with him, his computer and the camera. Needless to say this will be a picture-less post til he returns. On tuesday, a group of friends went to some falls about 45 minutes out of the city. We reached the falls about noon and all the boys, big and little, decided the water was first on the agenda. Zeb jumped off a cliff about 7 ft up and then a bit later was jumping off a 10 foot cliff! I went with him one of those times and I had to muster up the Tomboy inside me to be able to not hesitate and look completely fearless. Jai and keio swam in the falls a couple times and loved it...it made me quite excited because jai has had a fear of open water n he seemed to have conquered it! Keio was definately fearful and prefered the little streams of the waterfalls...It definately made me realize how much I miss the great outdoors and how much my boys miss just "being outside." We made it home in time to pick up our new friends 5 boys between the ages of 1-9, plus our 3... It was awesome!! My boys and I had a blast...a huge blessing! After we dropped our friends off, I laid a big ole kiss on jon's cheek n' appreciation to him planning a fun night! Fast forward to Friday night...I got in my head that I would make superhero capes for my boys. Mission accomplished!! What I thought would be a quick project ended up to be a 5 hour ordeal...but I'm completely pumped with the results!! This week we were super heroes flying off cliffs and running around the house in our awesome capes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home