journey of joy

7.19.2008

adding barlows to the family

about a month ago, jon's little brother (27ish i think) writes me a message telling me that i should keep the baby in until the 26th of july. that is the day that he is marrying lauren, so we could add two barlows to the family in one day. i chuckled and told him i would cross my legs to keep the baby in. well, so far jeremy is getting his wish no baby and no signs of one coming anytime soon. in fact, at my last dr. appt., dra. rivera said we may have to convince this one to come out...

people keep asking me how i'm doing....in all honesty, i'm a bit sad and frustrated. i know i shouldn't be and this baby will come when she/he is ready, but i'm ready...doesn't that count for anything : )? i think part of my sadness is by this time with jai i was half way to delivery and zeb was born already...another part of my sadness...my friend ellen came to visit me when i had jai and three days later she delivered. did i mention her baby was three weeks early? well this time her due date was on aug. 12, she delivered on july 14!!! 4 weeks early this time!!!

i guess ya all can pray for quite a bit of patiences, a safe delivery (my hemoglobin is 8.1...normal is 11), a night delivery (no traffic) and a healthy baby!! and hopefully the next post will be pictures and a story of the barlow bump #3!

4 Comments:

  • I'm praying for you! With Bella, we left for the hospital at 4:45 am. I agree, it's a lot better going through contractions when you AREN'T stuck on the bridges!

    Hang in there!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:16 PM  

  • so sorry you're having a rough time... I definitely know what that's like! Ava was 14 days late and Lucy was 9. Maybe this one just wants to cook a bit longer : )

    I will keep you in my prayers and that you have a safe and easy delivery!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 PM  

  • Praying for you Melissa! I keep checking your blog to see if there is any news...I am dealing with the patience issue too and go to the doctor today. I really hope she doesn't make me wait too long. Can't wait to hear the news!

    By Blogger Sharon, at 11:22 PM  

  • Oh man, that would be frustrating...I remember my doc telling me "we won't see you next week!" and then the same thing the next week! Matthew was only 3 days late but it felt like weeks because of the anticipation :-) I'll pray for everything to go smoothly and I can't wait to see some pictures!

    By Blogger Keely, at 6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home