in need of wisdom
zeb, our wonderful 2 1/2 year old has decided he's an infant again... he gets up three times during the night for a mum dad snuggle...i bring him back to his bed and end up sleeping with him cuz the kid won't stay in his bed longer than an hour... what to do? everything that i have read suggest to bring him back to his bed and go back to mine... doesn't work...i don't want him to rely on one of us having to be there for him to fall asleep, but that's what it's been for the past three weeks... is this what it's like havin an almost 3 year old? any words of wisdom from you great mums?

2 Comments:
Mel,
I have no clue, but I have been following a book called Babywise for Linnea. As far as her eating and sleeping schedule. I has been working like a charm. I know that there is a Childwise book too that may go into detail about 3yr.olds. It's written by a Christian author and I've been very happy with it. I hope this is helpful. If you can't get the book over there let me know and I'll look for it over here and send it to you.
Jen
By
jkarlbarlow, at 3:13 AM
Hi Mel,
Childwise will suggest to you to try 'couchtime'. This might actually be a security thing and the best way to give a child his security is to see his parents together, during the day (not when you are trying to sleep). This is easy done by practicing 'couchtime' with Jon and yourself each day. When Jon gets home from school, you and him spend fifteen/twenty minutes giving each other uninterrupted attetion. Before he goes off to play with the boys, spend some time together and teach the boys that its mommy and daddys time. Matt went through this when he was 2 1/2...we went to the doctors and they said that he was having night terrors or that he would grow out of it... we didnt believe that. Thats when we were doing the Growing Kids Gods way classes and when we learned about couchtime. IT WORKS and makes so much sense. We have never had the trouble with any of our other kids. But when we start noticing new behavior problems in the kids, Tom and I always evaluate how our marriage and couchtime is first. Its our way of measuring...and it always works! Hope it will help you guys!!
Kate
By
consistancy, simplicity and leadership, at 4:38 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home